As you may know, for the last several years, a wage survey was conducted by the Northeast Wisconsin Chambers Coalition (NEWCC) to support the establishment and maintenance of competitive salary structures to attract and retain talent in the area. This included the Green Bay, Fox Cities, and Fond du Lac Chambers, as well as Shawano and Waupaca Counties. Recently, NEWCC has communicated they will not be offering this service going forward.
Our team at The H.S. Group has been contacted by several organizations regarding our capability/capacity to help fill the void with this decision. We have done our due diligence with the NEWCC and the local SHRM chapters including Green Bay, Fox Cities, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, Lakeshore and Sheboygan, and are very pleased and excited to share with you that we will be coordinating the wage survey going forward for Northeastern Wisconsin. Following is information on our plan and timeline.
- Compensation data for the 2019 survey will be comprehensive including hourly, non-exempt and exempt ranging from front-line production to executive positions. Compensation reported will include base salary / wage and total cash compensation. We will not collect “future compensation” information.
- Invitations to participate in the compensation survey will be extended to HR leaders and employers in the region. A portal window will be open from July 1 through August 31. Data reported should be accurate as of Quarter 2 of 2019. Participant confidentiality is protected and data will not be reported for positions with fewer than five responding organizations. Results will be shared in a large group presentation format and all survey participants will receive a PDF report.
- Organizations choosing to participate will be directed to a secure survey portal hosted by The H.S. Group.
- Participants will be asked to answer a brief series of questions profiling their organizations and to provide compensation data for all employees whose job descriptions are a reasonable match for the “standard” job titles and job descriptions provided. In situations where an organization reports more than one person (“incumbent”) in a position, they will be asked to report average salary and other cash compensation.
- Participant data will be handled in strict confidence by The H.S. Group; no identifiable participant answers will be shared with any other party, including the organizations sponsoring the research.
There will be a tiered investment schedule for the survey. The fee for those who participate in the survey is $250 per organization; for those organizations not participating but interested in purchasing the completed survey, the fee is $500 per organization. To ensure commitments from the minimum sample size necessary, advance payment will be required.
Following is a link for credit card payments: https://www.paypal.me/thehsgroup. (Please put your cursor over the dollar amount and type in $250 if your intention is to participate, and $500 if you elect not to participate but just purchase the report.) The window for commitments is now through June 30.
Any questions regarding the survey can be directed to Jacob Bradley, PhD, Organizational Development & Talent Manager at The H.S. Group. Direct: (920) 257-5963 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest and commitment to this important project for the area and your organization.