Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
Searching for an Accounting Manager / Controller to manage the accounting processes and financial reporting for a small to mid-size manufacturer. Responsible for inventory accounting, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general accounting, cost accounting, and internal reporting. Works with public accountants for tax and year-end close. Partners with and supports the owner and other key leaders with financial information and special projects. Emphasis on identifying opportunities for continuous improvements in accounting, control processes, and reporting and implementing effective solutions. Also responsible for managing one to two accounting employees.
- Four-year degree in accounting required.
- 7-10 years of experience in an accounting / leadership position with controller-level experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems required.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles is essential.
- Background in manufacturing required.
- Demonstrated ability to report, analyze, and evaluate financial information.
Southern Upper Peninsula of Michigan: up to $75K plus other